I had my yearly check up this week. I had to take you with me. While we were there, I needed to have blood drawn for a routine test. As soon as you saw the needle you started saying, "No Mamma no. No hurt Momma." You didn't want the tech to stick me. In fact, you tried to get out of your stroller to push him away. I have a long history of avoiding going to the doctor, dentist, or other medical appointments. I don't like going. I have had a bad fear of dentists for a long time, I've always been afraid of the possibility of pain. There are a lot of things that I would do differently when it comes to my health. I've been working on getting over it the last few years. Which brings me to lesson 16.
Never put off your health. Go in for regular check ups. Have your cholesterol tested. Do your routine dental cleanings. Make sure you take care of yourself and take vitamins. When you get older, you'll find that keeping up on these things will help keep you healthy, and give you peace of mind that you're ok. Don't let being afraid of a needle or having a cavity keep you from staying healthy. In the end, all that happens is you'll need more help to fix problems, which will only hurt more. A quick shot may hurt for a day or 2, but the problem it prevents is much worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment