Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lesson 15

About 2 months ago, Davy Jones died. This will more than likely mean nothing to you, but Davy Jones was my first crush. I don't know what will be popular by the time you read this, but just think about if your favorite celebrity died.I had always wanted to go to a Monkees concert, but since one member never wanted to do a reunion tour, it never happened. Instead, I decided I wanted to see Davy Jones in concert, he was my favorite anyway. About a month before he passed, he was in town. I had the opportunity to go, and Dad would have taken me. The tickets were outrageous though because it was for a charity event, we could have paid for it, but I thought we could use the money for something else. So, I decided we'd wait it out and I'd go the next time he came to town. A month later he passed suddenly from a heart attack. This brings me to lesson 15.

If you get the chance to do something, and you're able, do it. Don't wait for the next time around, it may not happen. I've been kicking myself for 2 months now, and I'll probably continue to do it for a long time. It may not be seeing your favorite singer, you might decide you want to backpack around Europe. If that is what you want to do, and you're able to do it, you should go for it. Who knows if you'll still be able to when you're a little older, or when the price is better. There are always going to be circumstances beyond your control, you should take your opportunities when they come. Otherwise, you'll miss out on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment