Another month has gone by, and not that I didn't have things to say, but we've had a doozy of a month. You caught a nasty bug, but fought it off. Then I got it. Then, your dad caught it and it developed into a nasty sinus infection. So I've been running around wiping noses for a month. :)
2 nights ago, our sewer line got clogged. It ended up not being a huge deal, the tree's roots had grown through into the pipe. There was some water back up, but on the scale of "over flow toilet" to "oh my God, we're swimming in poop" we were probably at, "damn that's annoying and gross." Your poor dad has had 2 sewer problems now in a month. Hopefully this will be the end of it. (By the way, I want it in writing, that I told your Dad what the problem was within 10 minutes of finding out the line was backed up. He thought I was crazy.) You don't want poop soup in your basement. Which brings me to lesson 12.
They make a wonderful product called RootX. If, by some chance, they have stopped making it by the time you have your own place, it kills tree roots. It doesn't kill the tree, just keeps the roots at bay. It will kill the tree if you use too much. I will buy you a can when you get your first place. Also, Roto-rooter, not cheap, but do YOU want to wade in gross? They're worth the money. If this ever happens to you, and you're broke. This will be one loan you're guaranteed from us. ;) Buying the snake from the store will only work if the clog is within the distance it goes, ours wasn't even half of what was needed. In summation: Don't wanna swim in poop? Buy root killer. If that fails, call roto rooter. I never said EVERY life lesson had to be profound.
No comments:
Post a Comment