Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lesson 5

I hope by the time you've read this, I have gotten my scrapbooks caught up, but right now, I have 3 waiting for me to start or finish. At least one for you, one of my college graduation, and one for family vacations. I enjoy it. I like going into a scrapbook store and seeing all the stickers and paper, I like thinking to myself "I can get that same thing cheaper at XYZ store..." I enjoy my hobby. I find it relaxing to see that everything fits on a page, I like remembering all the memories from the photos as I paste them in, and let's be honest, I like showing off my work and hearing how I'm SOOOO creative. ;) (I'm your mom, I didn't say I was modest.) Which brings me to lesson 5...

Find a hobby you enjoy. Something you can leave for awhile if life starts getting too busy, but that you can pick right up where you left off when you stopped. Your Dad likes to race RC cars. I find that as interesting as he finds my scrapbooking. It doesn't have to be expensive, or high maintenance. Just make time to do something you enjoy. Something that someone isn't paying you for, something you can relax with. Hobbies shouldn't add more stress than they relieve, so don't get so wrapped up in it that other parts of your life suffer. But everyone should have a hobby even if it's not unique. If nothing else, it will help you meet new people. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment