Yesterday, one of my cousins told me she wanted to buy a DVD for her son and couldn't because both her and her husband were out of jobs. I went ahead and bought it online, and told her to expect an early Christmas present for him from me. It was only $15 and she started to cry. It was a small thing, in fact, I had already pre-ordered my own copy a few months ago, and I didn't think twice about it. However, it was huge to her. Which brings me to lesson 6.
Always do what you can when you see someone is having a hard time. Whether it's helping a neighbor in with some groceries or buying a DVD for a family member. You don't have to spend money you don't have. Sometimes just an email letting them know you're willing to listen is all it takes. The world is full of "if it hadn't been for..." stories that prove small things count. Besides, one day you might be having a rough time and wouldn't you like it if someone did something nice for you?
No comments:
Post a Comment