Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lesson 4

When I was younger, I was a goodie goodie. I didn't swear, I didn't cheat. I was always the responsible one that teachers and parents would ask because they knew I would tell them the truth. Because of that, I missed out on some of the more mischievous parts of my childhood. Which brings me to lesson 4.

Get into trouble once in awhile. I'm not saying knock over a liquor store or rob a bank. Just a little bit of trouble. Have adventures, have secrets, (small ones.) Go to the lake with girls, even though you tell me you're only going with the guys. Go to parties, if you need a ride home, call. I promise you won't be grounded... unless I find out you were drinking and got behind a wheel. Always stand up for what you know is right, but learn to let your hair down and have fun. You don't have to be the responsible one all the time, you'll have plenty of time for that when you're grown and on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment