We're all moved in. You love your new room. Didn't even have trouble sleeping in it your first night. You even have the biggest bedroom in the whole house. I've been getting used to the idea of you on the top floor while we're on the bottom. You have a bathroom to share with your brother, but for all intensive purposes, for now you have your own bathroom. I decorated it in Cars today, and you were so excited when you woke up from your nap and saw it for the first time. You've been asking if we're going back to the "old house" and when we tell you know, you grin and say, "Thanks Mom and Dad!" So, I guess that means you want to stay. You've been doing so great sharing too, Nikki and Nana bought you a light that shines stars on your ceiling, every night, you bring it to Mathew's room and leave it on until he goes to sleep, it's too cute. Which brings me to lesson 29...
I'm glad you're sharing with your brother, I'm glad that you like it. However, I hope you understand that you don't have to share everything all the time. I used to hate that I never seemed to have anything that was only mine when I was younger. Your uncle would play with my toys, decapitate Barbies, use my nail polishes to paint action figures... basically anything he thought he could use or wanted to play with became community property. I hope by the time you're reading this, we've instilled the idea of person property and respect for it to both you and your brother. It's good to be able to have your own space and stuff that you don't share, not everything has to be community property.
No comments:
Post a Comment