We're full in potty training you right now. On the top of the list of "Things I Never Thought I'd Say" is the sentence: "William! We do NOT pee pee on the cat." Yet, this morning, I found myself forcing that sentence out to keep from laughing. You and Dad were going to take a shower, so I stripped you down, but Dad wasn't quite ready. You've never peed in the floor before, so I wasn't worried. I came around the corner, just in time to see you grab your "sausage," aim for Fubar, and let a stream go. After nailing him right between the eyes, (good aim btw) you lifted your other arm in triumph and yelled "I did it!!" I passed you off to Dad for your shower, and promptly laughed until I cried. It was one of those things that I could have gotten crazy mad about, or laughed. There are lots of those kinds of situations in life. Which brings me to lesson 22...
Learn to laugh at things in life. Obviously something like a sudden death isn't going to be laughable, but don't sweat the small stuff. There's a long joke about how EVERY year, we burn a batch of rolls at Thanksgiving. You'd think at some point someone would have lost their temper over it, but we've just started making 2 batches knowing one will inevitably burn. Doesn't matter if we sit and watch it, something comes up and we forget. Things like pee on the cat, burned bread, spilled milk, even when somethings break are just minor bumps in life. Save the stress and anger for things that merit them. No body wants to be around that guy who loses his marbles every time something minor happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment