We just had your second birthday party. You were so cute, running around telling everyone "Hi!" Then, running away giggling before they could respond. I know it won't be long and you won't want me at your birthday party. Eventually, you'll be older and instead of Chuckie Cheese, you'll want a party at a bar with your friends only. That's why I try to take as many pictures and videos of you as I can. One day, you're not going to be my little boy anymore, you'll be my little man. :) Which brings me to lesson 9.
Always make sure you stop to smell the roses. Some of my best memories aren't necessarily of holidays or trips, those are great, but I frequently try and pause just to take in a day. I still remember one day, walking to the park with you. I don't remember how old you were exactly, or even what time of day it was. But, I remember listening to you say "Hi!" to all the neighbors and their dogs as we walked. I remember it was breezy, and the trees were rustling, I even remember you were wearing red. You've always looked good in red. It's important to take a small moment every once in awhile just to enjoy life. Not just big important events or trips, but just everyday stuff that most people forget about as they get older.
No comments:
Post a Comment